June 16, 2008

Matt's Fathers day gift...

This year I decided to make something for the kids to give to Matt. I found this cute poem,

“Walk a little slower daddy,”
said a child so small.
“I’m following in your footsteps
and I don’t want to fall.
Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they’re hard to see;
So walk a little slower, Daddy,
For you are leading me.
Someday when I’m all grown up,
You’re what I want to be;
Then I will have a little child
Who’ll want to follow me
And I would want to lead just right,
And know that I was true;
So, walk a little slower, Daddy
For I must follow you.”


I printed the poem on vellum paper and then put the kids footprints on a paper behind that. The girls feet are pink and Drew's are blue. I put it all in an 8"x10" frame and used a font from THIS free font site. It turned out really cute and Matt really liked it!!!



2 friends had something to say about this:

Nicole said...

that's so cool! i wish i came up with something original like that!!!

Goodwin Family said...

Look at you little miss crafty! That turned out so cute! And you've totally got me hooked on downloading new fonts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...