August 7, 2008

My Adventure...

Last week I wasn't feeling very well, but I just thought it was normal after baby stuff. Then by Thursday my stomach hurt so bad I could barley walk. We called my doctor and they just said to take my pain medications every 6 hours and if it got worse or I got a fever to call back. Later that night Matt and I were laying on the couch and I was FREAZING!! I didn't think much of it and just covered up in a really warm blanket. Then the baby woke up and I got up to make her a bottle and I had the chills really really bad. I couldn't stop my teeth from chattering or my body from shaking. The only way for it to stop was me sitting down under a blanket. Matt decided it was time to call my doctor again. It was almost midnight and so of course we just got his service but they called him and he said for me to go to the emergency room. So once again we were going to the hospital in the middle of the night. Once we got there I was in so much pain I could barley walk, I still had really bad chills and I had a really high fever. After lots of fun tests, some good pain medication and a few LONG hours they said that I had an infection and would have to stay in the hospital. On Friday morning my doctor came to see me and told me I had an infection in my uterus and that I would probably be in the hospital until Sunday. They filled me up with three different very strong antibiotics my fever came and went and finally by Saturday it was gone. Drew and especially Allie were very upset that I was in the hospital yet again, but they came to visit me and I think that made them feel a little better about me not being home with them. Finally by Sunday I was able to go home. I have been in the hospital more this week than I have in my whole life and I am sooo happy to be home. It's still going to take a few weeks for me to fully get back to normal, it's amazing how much something like that just wipes you out!! Thanks to all of this fun Matt talked to ebay and he doesn't have to start till next Monday, but the kids and I are going to stay in Vegas for a few weeks while he's up there working. Dang life is just fun isn't it??

6 friends had something to say about this:

Nicole said...

i kept checking your blog to see how everything was going. that sounds like a horrible week, i'm glad it's all over and you're home.

Mikki said...

Oh Heather!! SO sorry! That just sucks. I'm glad you're feeling better. And now being away from hubby on top of everything else? Not easy with a newborn. Hope your holding up ok. Let me know if I can do anything to help out!!

The Foulgers said...

Wow, that is so scary! I'm glad that you went to the hospital! How crazy to have this happen to you with everything else going on in your life right now. Hopefully it's smooth sailing from here on out!:)

Missy said...

Oh, girl. What a week! The baby is just gorgeous! I hope you recover quickly! I could only imagine not having my husband home when I had Cole. I'll be thinking of ya and praying for ya too!

Jilene said...

I'm glad you are feeling better. That's scary. What did you do with the baby while you were back in the hospital. I hope you are feeling better soon!

jamieBEE said...

OH MY GOODNESS! I am glad that you are feeling better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...