June 1, 2009

why??

Ok so today I have been going through Andrew and Allie’s clothes. It’s really easy to go through Allie’s because I just box them up and save them until Abbie gets big enough for them. But Andrew’s clothes are really really hard to go through. I never want to give anything of his away, but I don’t really want to store boxes and boxes of it either. (I do have boxes of clothes from newborn to size 4…I know I’m crazy!!) It’s so hard because I look at all of it and think about when he wore the clothes and that I’ll never see another little boy in these cute clothes. But on the other hand I feel like if I get rid of them I’ll of course get pregnant again with a boy and have none of those boy clothes to put him in.

Now trust me…I really think 4 kids is about all I can handle and don’t really want to have anymore…it’s just this crazy fear I have. I mean this is always what you hear…”yeah I got rid of all the baby stuff because we were done having kids and then I got pregnant again” I just don’t want that to be me. :) So I guess I’ll be saving these boy clothes FOREVER, or until i can finally feel good about giving them away.

What do the rest of you do?? I would love to know!! I need all the help I can get with this!!

4 friends had something to say about this:

Missy said...

I did the same thing with Luke. Once we found out Chloe was a girl I got rid of everything. Then of course we had Cole. Luckily, my friend had saved most of it and I could use a few things. It really stinks not having hand me downs though. Hopefully you didn't just jinx yourself;)

Jilene said...

I do the same thing Heather. I have ALL of Madelines clothes and Lauren has worn them too. I fear that IF I have another baby, it will be a girl. Of course, if I get rid of Mitchells clothes, I will have a boy..or BOTH! So I take comfort in knowing that IF I choose to have another one and it's a girl, those clothes will be 7+ years old, and the styles will be all different. Clothes start to turn yellow after a while. So take your clothes to a consignment shop, getsome money for them and know that if you ever haveanother boy, you can get him NEW clothes!!

Christa said...

same. save them. All 10 boxes worth! We're all crazy at least. (although, I have mananged to pawn most of my girl clothes off.... so they're gone)

Chelsea said...

hey if you KNOW you're done, then just get rid of them. save your absolute favorites, if you need to. for whatever reason, we do get emotionally attached to some clothes. so you can ebay them in big lots, give some to hearts for the holidays, family or friends and then DI the rest.

i'm struggling with this, too. i plan to have one more but it won't be for a few years and i hate having stuff around that i'm not using. so i'm trying to just keep my favorites since kids don't really need as many clothes as we think they do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...