She couldn't have cared less when they were sawing the cast, I think she liked the vibrations. And then she just watched as the nurse cut it off. She sat in my lap the whole time and was seriously happy as can be.
Then it came time to pull out the pins....The first two she was fine, didn't even flinch. When the nurse stared pulling out the last two, they were on the inside of her arm, she started to notice what they were doing. The Surgeon came in to peek at her and when he saw that she was not very happy he started to play with her and get her attention away from the pins. The third one came out pretty easy and then the fourth one was the longest and bent a little so that took some effort. Ainsley on cried for a second and then she was fine. (I think I would have been crying a lot more than she did if it was me) These are the pins that were in her arm. They just look like small nails.
When she was all done they wrapped her arm up one last time and told me to keep that wrap on for 24 hours. She's had to get used to not having her cast on and she is slowly learning to trust her arm. The doctor said she would heal just fine and that he wants to see her in about three months just to make sure.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1






2 friends had something to say about this:
oh my gosh! I think I would have been screaming as they were pulling those pins out. THose things are HUGE!!!
Way to go Ainsley. She is such a cutie Heather!
Wow, I hadn't seen that your sweet baby went through that. I'm glad she is ok, she is one amazing trooper.
Post a Comment