
This year was a fabulous Halloween. The weather was awesome and the kids are all at such fun ages. Andrew had a blast running around the neighborhood with some of his buddies (while Matt and another Dad chased them on a four wheeler). Allie got bored of trick or treating and wanted to hang out with my mom and help her pass out candy. Abbie and Aubrey had fun going around with me and Ainsley in the slow group. We had some friends with us that are around their age so we all stuck together. I do have to say that Abbie was scared of anything and everything. At one point a dog ran out of a house straight toward her and I thought she was going to have a heart attack she was so scared. Finally we get to Ainsley and she had a BLAST!! It was the first year that she got what was going on. She wouldn't let go of her bucket for anything and when she got to the doors she would say "Chickens" instead of trick or treat. And then once she got candy she would say "Thank You....Welcome" It was so super cute. I was kind of sad knowing that because of her allergies she wouldn't be able to eat most of the candy she was collecting. I had been worried about that in the days leading up to Halloween but thought it wouldn't be a big deal because she is too young to really understand. As the night went on I noticed some of the people that know her being AMAZING. At one house they asked me what she could eat from their bowl....at another house a friend gave her a handful of smarties because I told her that was one of the few candies she can have....then another friend gave Ainsley a small package of hair bows. I loved seeing all of the love everyone has for my special little girl. It's those tender mercies from the Lord that really help me to know that Ainsley and our family are loved and being watched over.
Now a day later I have two huge bowls full of candy on the top of my fridge and a small bucket of Ainsley safe candy up there too. I have decided that Halloween candy is my downfall and just want it all gone before I eat it all. I usually let the kids pick a candy for their lunches and I let them have one after dinner. I also use it for incentives for things like helping around the house. Lets hope we all don't start bouncing off the walls from all of the candy in these next few days.
Just because this picture is so super cute I had to add it in. She loves this crown and is usually wearing princess sunglasses to complete the outfit :)
0 friends had something to say about this:
Post a Comment