June 26, 2007

Well....

On sunday when I went to pick up Drew from his nursery class, Allie's teacher was bringing her to me. She had pulled a table over and it fell on her leg. She wasn't crying at the time but she had a huge bruise on her leg. So I carried her out to the car and once we were there I set her down so I could get my keys....she started screaming!!! And she cried all the way home from church, in the house and when sitting on my lap. Then she kind of calmed down and I tried to adjust how she was sitting on my lap and the screaming stared again!! By this time I was worried, she never cries like this. So I stood her up, to see if she could walk, and she just stood there screaming and letting her foot hoover off the ground. I picked her back up and Matt called to see how church was and he heard Allie in the background. I told him what had happened and he told me to call his mom and dad to see if they could come over and look at her. Then I called my mom and told her what had happened and how Allie wouldn't walk and she told me to go to the doctor. So I called Matt's dad and got him to meet me to pick up Drew and then Allie and I went to quick care. Lucky for us there was not much of a wait and we got right in. The doctor took one look and said lets get her an x-ray. So once again because I am pregnant I couldn't sit with her during the x-ray, that made me feel horrible!! She did really well though, they took 4 x-rays and she laid there all by her self, she was screaming, but she laid there. I was so proud of her, she is so brave. Anyway, they looked at the x-ray and determined that she had broken both bones in her lower left leg, about 2 inches above her ankle. When they told me that I just thought "Not again, didn't I just deal with her broken arm like 3 months ago?!!?" They put a splint on her and sent us home, and we were to call the orthopedist in the morning.
This is me and Allie with her splint.
We got her an appointment on monday morning an she got yet another cast put on. This poor little girl is not even 2 yet and she's already broken 3 bones!!! She got a purple cast this time, and she will get it off July 18, just 4 days after her birthday. :( I am happy that it is not a serious break and that it will heal quickly and will leave no permanent damage to her leg. We love her and want her to say out of casts for a LONG time!!!
Allie in her cast

0 friends had something to say about this:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...