January 28, 2008

In Loving Memory....

Of President Gordon B. Hinckley.

What a truly great man he was.
Andrew and Allison were just learning about him in nursery last month and Andrew calls him Heavenly Hinkie. He has been remembering him in his prayers, and even Allie has been talking about him quite a lot. It's amazing how sensitive children are. When I found out about his passing last night, the first thing I thought of was how great it will be for him to be with his sweet wife once again. Then I thought about the chance I had to be around him. During my senior year of high school my seminary class went up to Salt Lake one weekend and we actually got to go to his ward and he was THERE with his wife!! After sacrament meeting we got to meet them and shake his hand. What a strong spirit he had about him. And he was funny too, he asked us why we weren't in our own wards. It was also great to see how sweet he was to his wife. I will never forget that day, that is when I really gained my testimony of the prophet. I was able to see that not only is he the the leader of our church but he is a real man with a wife and family. Just like the rest of us. He has been a wonderful example of what we should all strive to be. I am grateful to him for all that he has done in his 13 years as prophet. So I hope as we think about him and our feelings for him that we can all "Stand a little Taller."

Here is a video I found that someone made and I really enjoyed it and thought you might too...

1 friends had something to say about this:

Jilene said...

I agree. I need to know how/where you get the pictures to add them to your blog? Like the one of Pres. Hinckley. Also, how are you feeling? Is it wierd to be pregnant back to back? Got any names in mind yet? Sorry we didn't get to see you. I tried, but we just weren't there long enough! It was a quick, short trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...