April 13, 2010

It’s a wonderful life???

So yeah some days I feel like I have it all together…like in a fairytale…everyone is fed, clean, happy, healthy, homework is done, the house is clean, laundry is mostly done, there is a happy mommy, a happy daddy, and happy kids…and we all lived happily ever after…haha!! Then there are other days where real life kicks in and none of the above is happening. Some days I just feel like I am just waiting for the next thing to go wrong.

Example from about a month ago: Aubrey wakes up in the morning soaking wet because her diaper was not “leak proof”, the puppy poops in his crate and then 10 minutes later poop on the kitchen floor, Andrew then steps in said poop because he was trying to get the lunch boxes and the dog was chasing him, Matt calls and forgot something he needs so I have to gather everyone up clean all of the poop and pee, search for what matt left at home, get in the car…with everyone SCREAMING…and drive the kids to school, then go in to the school and walk the kids to their classes because we are way late. Then have Andrew have a mental break down because his class had started some test and he has to wait in the office till it’s over. And while I’m trying to console him Aubrey is screaming while the secretary is on the phone…and all I can hear her saying is “what did you say, could you repeat that please?” AHHHHH!!! I finally leave and get the little girls in the car give Abbie her binkie and start to drive. Before I can even pull out of the parking lot abbie is screaming because she dropped her binkie and I can not reach it while I am driving. Then Aubrey starts screaming because, well let’s just face it that girl HATES the car!! This is seriously all in just the first two hours of my day!! Yesterday was about the same and the day before that too!!

I really am not wanting to sound like a downer and we really do have some great days, it’s just like everything hits at once and it’s all I can do to get out of bed in the morning. I know some of you have much more difficult things you’re dealing with or have dealt with but to me right now at this moment in my life….this is really really hard!!

The other day while wasting my time blog hopping I found THIS blog. It really helped me realize if I wanted to have better days I had to do something to make that happen. I can not just keep waiting around for life to change. It is up to me to MAKE that change. I haven’t started her morning routine plan yet but I want to…that’s a start right? :) There are some other blogs that I read and they give me encouragement. Some of these girls are long lost friends and some are just bloggy friends that feel like long lost friends. Some days it’s great to know that I’m not the only mom having these struggles and that I’m not the only one who doesn’t have it all together. So this is a THANK YOU to all of those who encourage me and hopefully encouragement for those who need it.

Oh and in answer to my question….Yes it is a wonderful life, even when it’s crazy. I love my kids and my husband and I am so grateful for them.

**On a side note……yesterday I lost my wallet…I turned my house upside down…stressed for half the day……then my hubby helped me look……he looked in the outside trash and what did he find half way down?? My wallet…I had thrown it away…seriously who does that?!? Me…that’s who :D**

2 friends had something to say about this:

Lucky Mama said...

LOL too funny! Like is fun isn't it?

Sharee said...

I love your post! Life is so crazy with kids, husband, and all the other stuff that seems to pull at our time and attention, but like you said it is a wonderful life and without all the craziness I would definitely be lost. Call me when you have a crazy bad day, we can always motivate each other.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...