October 12, 2007

Utah...

This week we made a spur of the moment trip to my mom's house in Utah. We had fun and it was so nice to actually have it be FREEZING COLD at night and in the morning!! I love to snuggle up in my covers at night.

On the way up there we stopped at a McDonald's and ate, then on Tuesday Matt was super sick. It was so bad I had to take him to the hospital, so we spent 6 hours in the American Fork ER. They said that Matt most likely had food poisoning and the only thing we can think is it was from the McDonald's because Matt had eaten some of the kids food, and they threw up a few times too. But as bad as this sounds we are glad that Matt got the worst of it. I can't imagine what would have happened to the kids if they had gotten as sick as Matt did. His stomach was hurting and cramping so bad they gave him some pain medication and I guess they gave him quite a bit because he kept calling it "pain-a med-i-ta-taion". I thought that was so funny!! He also had a reaction to some of the medication and it made the middle of his face bright red. Lets just say we had an interesting night in the ER.


The next day Matt was feeling better and he went to an interview at eBay. We think it went really well and he goes back next Wednesday for another interview. We are hoping that he gets the job, and if he does get the job he will have to start Nov. 5th!! Soooo....I guess that means that we could be moving. UGGH!! I HATE packing, but if this works out we are kind of excited to be making a change. So wish us luck!! :)

We went with Matt to his interview because my mom works at eBay and the kids and I wanted to see her and meet some of the people she works with. Then after Matt's interview we took the kids to Temple Square. They loved it! We went to the Conference Center, and we showed them the Temple. When we were walking by the Temple I said "Andrew look that's a temple", then he said, "Mommy, that's not a temple, it's a castle". (I just love to hear silly things my kids say!!) Oh, and they liked standing by the fountain in front of the temple because it was a windy day and the water was going everywhere!! I was trying to get a picture of them standing there, but they were having to much fun running from the spray of the water.


Abbie was smiling a lot and did so well on the drive. We had a great time!! And maybe we'll be back up there soon.

5 friends had something to say about this:

Jilene said...

wow! what part of Utah would you live in. you are slowly making your way towards us! it would be fun to have you closer. let us know what happens! do you WANT to move to UT?

Missy said...

Heather, I will be sad if you guys move!! I better hold that baby as much as I can then huh? It sounds like a good opportunity though. I'm sure Matt really loves the pics you posted of the ER!

Heather said...

Actually believe it or not, he told me to take the pictures and put them on here. I was shocked, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity!! :)

Kata said...

NO NO NO!! I really don't want to wish you luck! That is so sad. We will miss you terribly- but I suppose a true friend would, want the best....so GOOD LUCK!!

Heather said...

Oh...I guess he was just joking about me putting the pictures on the blog. He says he was to drugged up to take seriously...oh well there are already up, nothing he can do now!! HAHA

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...