April 3, 2008

Why!?

Ok so last week someone broke into our car. They went through EVERYTHING!! They took our garage door opener, my glasses case with my broken glasses in it, 6 of the kids DVDs, the remote to our car DVD player and now just yesterday I noticed they had taken my change holder. I don't know why but knowing that they took my change holder has really kind of made me mad about this now!! I had just used all of the change in it like the day before so there were only pennies in there, but that makes me even more upset. They took my change holder for pennies!? So my question is WHY?? Why take kid DVDs?? They got a Wiggles movie, a Baby Einstein, Jojo's circus, Madagascar and a few more I can't even remember. You could only get maybe $2 each for them. Why take my broken glasses?? And why the heck do you take the remote for my DVD player!??! I just do not understand. Oh and the way they got in was by popping in the little keyhole on our drivers side door and that will be like $450 to fix, and of course our deductible on our insurance is like $500. We need to get that fixed because now anyone can just unlock my car and get in anytime they want. UGGHH!!! I guess that's just life and we have to live with the consequences of other people's actions, but man this sucks. I just needed to get this off my chest and vent about this....it has been driving me bonkers!!! So beware...anyone can get in your car at any time doesn't matter if it's locked or not!!

4 friends had something to say about this:

Nicole said...

oh man. that's no good at all. about 5 years ago, our explorer got broken into... well not really, matthew accidently left it unlocked so it wasn't "broken into" just "door opened and stuff stolen." we were doing a trip across country to visit family, i had packed up the car and casually forgot to pack any of his cd's... thought i was all clever... yeah, they broke in and stole all MY cd's.

Missy said...

Ugh, that really stinks. People can be so dumb! It's such a sick feeling when something like that happens. Plus, having to pay so much money to fix what those dumb people did makes you sick too! I'm so sorry!

Jilene said...

we had about 50 kids dvds stolen from us once too. it's is sickening. people are just sick and they took that stuff because "they could" they didn't care that it was broken. it was all about power. i'm sorry that happened to you!

Mikki said...

I''m so sorry this happened to you. Someone took stuff from our car when we lived in CA. I think the windows were down, so at least they didn't damage the car in the process. The took music cassettes (cd's weren't quite the dominant item yet), but what I was upset the most about was that one of the cassettes was from seminary, with some really good songs on it that I liked a lot. Of course, I can't find it to replace it.
But more importantly, I'd be so concerned right now that they took your garage door opener. :<(
You'll need to be super vigilant about making sure that door into your house is locked/bolted all the time. Or can you replace the opener and maybe program a new code?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...