July 18, 2009

chicken chicken and more chicken…

On Thursday I was in charge of doing a freezer meals thing. Oh man was that a lot of work!! It started on Tuesday when I went to buy all of the food…I had to get 50lbs of chicken!!! I felt kind of funny filling my cart with chicken…but I had a ton of other stuff in my cart so the chicken didn’t look too crazy. Here’s a list of all the stuff I had to get:

ingredients total measurement
chicken breasts 100    breasts
Lemon Juice 30    tbs.
salt 10    tbs.
soy sauce 2 1/2 cups
sesame dressing 10    cups
frozen veg. w/ bell peppers 30    cups
green onions 60    onions
sliced almonds 5    cups
chopped onion 15    cups
chili powder 10    tbs.
mont. jack cheese 7 1/2 lbs.
flower tortillas 120    tortillas
cream chicken soup 10    cans
sour cream 15    cups
chopped green chilies 10    4oz. Cans
BBQ sauce 10    jars
     
gallon bags needed 50    bags
small bags needed 10    bags

 

That was sure a lot of food!! Here are some pictures of cooking all of the chicken, my counter full of food, and all the onions I diced…

collage

I had to do 2 batches of chicken and in between batches my friend came over to help me shred…let’s just say we are both sick of shredding chicken!!

Thursday went really well!! We had a morning group and an evening group.  And everyone had a great time mixing everything up and filling the bags. I think we are going to try and do this again in September…At least I have 2 months to recover and do all this craziness again!!

2 friends had something to say about this:

The Foulgers said...

Either I haven't looked at your blog in a while or you posted a lot.
Way to go on doing the freezer meals. That looks like a TON of work. I remember when they used to do that in our old ward.
Happy Birthday to your little princesses. What a cute combined party. They are all getting so big. I can't believe your baby is one, where did that year go?

Mikki said...

Wow Heather!! That's a whole lot of work. I don't think I would be able to look at a chicken again for at least a year! Or an onion!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...