Ok so a few weekends ago we wanted to do something fun with the kids. We had seen a thing about timpanogos cave on the news so we thought oh fun, a nice easy hike to a cool cave. BOY WERE WE WRONG!!!! Once we got there and they told us we would be hiking about 1000 feet in 1 1/2 miles....we were starting to rethink this family outing. I'm just happy we left the babies with my mom, there is no way we could have taken them with us. We started hiking and oh dang I didn't know how out of shape I was!! After about 45 mins we made it to the top, not without a lot of stops and Allie crying for her blankie!!! Then we went on the cave tour. All I have to say is the LONG hike was worth it...the caves were beautiful. The kids loved it and some parts of it were so tiny Matt had to squeeze and duck through. That was funny!!! I hit my head on part of the cave because I was taking a picture and then turned around really quick and bang the ceiling was right there!! Once we started our hike back down Allie had to go to the bathroom and the only one was down at the bottom so....Matt ran her down the mountain. I swear that girl always has to go to the bathroom at the worst times!!! Once we got to the car we were all super tired and Matt and I were really sore!!! :) We had such a great time.
October 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 friends had something to say about this:
I love Mt. Timpanogos! You're bringing back all my childhood memories. So cool!
Post a Comment