January 30, 2009

The best thing to cook with

Ok so one of the stores around here was having a case lot sale a few weeks ago and we went and got some food storage stuff. One of the things we bought was this HUGE can of dehydrated chopped onions. I knew you could use this in place of onions in recipes so I thought it would be a good thing to start using in my cooking from my food storage. I mean what good is food storage if you just let it sit on a shelf for 15 or 30 years?? This stuff is SO AWESOME!! One tablespoon equals one medium onion, and this huge can only cost $6.00!!! It says on the can that there are 300 servings per can and a serving size is one tablespoon. WOW that's a lot of onions. I am just starting to get into the whole food storage thing but I am kind of liking it so far. We have gotten wheat, rice, sugar, flour, powdered milk, caned fruit, spaghetti sauce, spaghetti noodles, ONIONS, kidney beans, chicken broth, diced tomatoes, mustard, and I have started storing some water. We don't have nearly enough for a one year supply but we are working on having a three month supply, that goal doesn't feel too big and once we get that we can just add more and more to get a one year supply. It feels nice knowing we have some food stored already, we need more but at least we have some. Anyway these onions are from a company called blue chip group inc. they are here in Utah but you can order all kinds of food storage stuff online from them. They are fairly reasonably priced and I've been told there food tastes really good.

Food Storage

5 friends had something to say about this:

Nicole said...

good to know, thanks!

The Foulgers said...

That's great you are starting your food storage. We plan on starting ours once our house is built, if that ever happens! Thanks for the info, was it Macey's that you got your stuff from?

Heather said...

we got this from harmons, but maceys has this stuff too

Carrie said...

Thanks for the info! I'm definitely doing some food storage shopping each time I go to Utah!

Mikki said...

I'm going to have to check out ther site. Thanks for the great tip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...